In most cases, when you read status updates from your contacts on WhatsApp, they will get an indicator that you have seen them. However, there are occasions when you may wish to discreetly check on their current condition without informing them of your intentions. In this post, we’ll look at a few possible Android solutions for this problem.
Methos to see the status in Android
1. Turn off the Read Receipts feature on your computer.
This is the only legitimate method of seeing the status changes of your contacts on WhatsApp without having to inform them of your actions. Please keep in mind that you will also lose access to read receipt indications (blue ticks) in WhatsApp conversations by selecting this option.
You may find that this is the most appropriate approach for you if you don’t mind being inconvenienced. As an added benefit, your contacts will not get read receipts for the conversations you read.
Alternatively, you may want to try temporarily disabling read receipts for a short period. The lifetime of status updates and the longevity of the monitoring activities connected with them is 24 hours.
Read receipts are often turned off by default while viewing a status. Still, they may be switched on before the position has expired, resulting in a notification being sent to the specific contact. However, it is possible to keep read receipts disabled until after the status has passed, in which case the fact that you saw the status would remain a well-guarded secret.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android phone.
- Select Read Receipts from the Privacy menu in the Settings menu (Settings >> Account >> Privacy).
- Now, go to the specific contact’s status page and check for any new information.
- It is best to leave Read Receipts switched off until after the specific status has expired.
2. Open the Status media from the drop-down menu.
Particular WhatsApp may pre-download the pictures that have been placed in status even before you touch on a specific status to see it. These images may be seen in the Gallery app for Android. Using a file manager, go to the WhatsApp Statuses directory.
- Open the WhatsApp Status media from the. Statuses folder on your computer
- Go to the Status area of WhatsApp and update your status. As a result, WhatsApp will be able to download some of the Status pictures.
- A file management application, such as ES File Explorer, is to be installed on your Android smartphone.
- Select the option to display hidden files from the drop-down menu. This may be accomplished in ES File Explorer by selecting Menu from the top left corner of the screen and selecting the “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Navigate to Internal Storage >> WhatsApp >> Media >> and save your work there.
- Make changes to your statuses and copy your pictures to a new place.
- You may now open the status pictures straight in the file manager app to see them without going to them first.
- Furthermore, since they cannot be accessible from inside the app, you will not check the contact’s view status for that specific contact.
There is also one guide made by me on how you can show status using File manager. Check out for more details.
3. In offline mode, you can see your current status.
This is another method of seeing WhatsApp status updates without informing your friends of the changes. However, remember that WhatsApp retains a record of your status viewing actions locally while you are off from the internet and may sync them with the servers whenever you return.
So even if you were offline at the time of reading a status, your contact would be informed of the change when you are back online again.
Alternatively, you may utilize WhatsApp Web in Incognito mode to see a specific status in offline mode and then shut the browser window before connecting to the Internet again. All locally stored activity related to your status view will be immediately erased, and any action related to your status view will no longer be synchronized with the WhatsApp servers.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your web browser, ideally in Incognito mode, to begin using the service.
- Navigate to the Status screen to see a list of people who have shared their current status with you thus far.
- Disconnect your computer’s Internet connection if it is still connected.
- Open the status of the specific contact that you want to see when the Internet is not connected to your computer.
- If you are using Incognito mode, you should exit the browser window after checking the status; otherwise, you should delete your browser data. If you were browsing in Incognito mode, all of your session data would be immediately erased when the window was shut.
- Reconnect the Internet connection on your PC at this point.
This workaround is only valid for reading text updates or getting a general sense of the pictures or videos added to the status update. Because you are not connected to the internet, WhatsApp will not download media assets from your status.
However, even if you haven’t opened the statuses, WhatsApp may pre-download material from them. You may even be able to see a wholly downloaded version of an image in your status if you’re offline and viewing it for the first time if you’re fortunate enough.
4. Using the GBWhatsApp application.
A modified version of any program allows you to access a variety of additional features that are not accessible in the original edition. In this case, GBWhatsApp is a WhatsApp mod that allows you to conceal status seen activities from your contacts, among a slew of other capabilities that WhatsApp does not provide by default.
GBWhatsApp allows you to check your WhatsApp status without being viewed by others.
GBWhatsApp is not currently accessible in the Google Play Store, but if you get the APK file from a reputable source, you may sideload the app to make use of its features and functions.
You can download the GBWhatsapp from GetDroidTips. It is a reputable source and provides you a safe app.
- Download the GBWhatsApp APK file to your Android smartphone from a reputable source and install it.
- Installing GBWhatsApp on your Android smartphone is as simple as tapping on the APK file and following the on-screen instructions. Following the installation, you should be able to access two distinct WhatsApp versions on your smartphone.
- Access the original WhatsApp directory on your phone’s internal storage using file management software and transfer the Databases directory to your phone’s internal storage.
- Afterward, go to the GBWhatsApp directory on your phone’s internal storage and paste the directory you previously copied into it.
- Launch GBWhatsApp and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- As a result of the newly copied Databases directory, the app should recognize that a backup is available on your device and provide you with the option to restore data from that backup.
- As soon as you’ve completed the setup and are on the Chats page, choose Privacy >> Hide view status from the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You should now be able to see the status changes of your contacts without having to inform them.
Methos to see the status in iPhone
1. Using Whatsapp++
WhatsApp++ is an unofficially modified version of the popular messaging program WhatsApp that includes many of the frequently requested features not available in the official app. Unfortunately, WhatsApp++ is not accessible on the App Store because it is an unauthorized modification.
In contrast, a third-party app store called Build Store allows you to install specific applications that are not accessible on the App Store, such as WhatsApp++, on your non-jailbroken iPhone, without having to jailbreak it.
In WhatsApp++, you may see a contact’s exclusive status update (including all pictures, videos, and text updates) while hiding the actual status. This is one of the adjustments available.
Please keep in mind that uninstalling the original WhatsApp app before installing WhatsApp++ from BuildStore is required.
- If you already have the original WhatsApp app installed on your iPhone, you should uninstall it.
- Create a new BuildStore account and add your iOS device to the account as soon as possible.
- If you haven’t already, download and install WhatsApp++ on your iPhone from the Build Store and sign in with your phone number if you haven’t previously done so.
- Ensure that the “Stealth Mode” option is switched off in the WA++ Settings menu by going to the WA++ Settings menu.
- If the option to “Manually Mark Stories As Seen” is not already available, go to WA++ Settings >> WA Stories Settings and activate it.
- WhatsApp++ may be used to check your status without alerting your contacts.
- After that, go to the Status screen in WhatsApp++ and touch on a specific contact’s status to see it in its entirety. This action will not be reflected in the device used by your contact.
Please keep in mind that while examining a certain status, there is a little “eye” button on the bottom right corner of the screen. By tapping on the button, the status will be marked as “viewed” on the device of the specific contact who has tapped on it.
Using WhatsApp++, you may even read status without alerting the specific person, as long as Read Receipts is enabled on their phone. It’s the ultimate, no-compromise solution for reading status updates without informing the person who posted them that you’ve done so.
2. View the current status when not connected to the internet.
Some users may be considering a solution in which they may switch on airplane mode and then see the desired status in WhatsApp after turning it off. Due to this limitation, the app stores your current status view information locally on your device and syncs it with the WhatsApp servers once you are back online.
Turning off airplane mode, checking the app’s status, and then uninstalling it before returning to the Internet is one way to deal with this issue deal with the problem effectively. All of the locally stored WhatsApp data would be deleted, and they would no longer be synchronized with the servers in this fashion. However, uninstalling WhatsApp just for the sake of reading status is not a very handy option.
I hope you get methods to see another WhatsApp status without knowing them. If you have any queries or problems with methods, you can comment below, We will be free to help. Also, share the article if you like it. We will Appreciate it.